12.13.2009

Bologna (The town. Not the sausage.)

I recently found out, via facebook, that I actually have some followers!  Thanks friends!  I've been too busy to cook a lot - and if I do, I'm in a rush and don't have time to document and take pictures.  But excuses excuses....with the holidays here, I'm committed to sharing some great holiday recipes!  Starting tomorrow. haha.

But for now, here's a little blast from the past.  This picture was taken in Bologna, Italy.  It's my all time favorite picture in the whole world!  I was studying in London, and took my "spring break" in Italy where Michael came to meet me for the week!  We were a couple of days into our trip when we realized our funds were very very very very low.  So, we did what a lot of other young travelers did and spent the night in the McDonalds next to the train station.  ....had to hold my pee all night because the restroom was infested with flies....just because it's Italy, doesn't mean it's charming.........  The McDonalds closed at 4 am, and our train wasn't until 5 am, so we spent the other hour with all of our luggage sitting on the side of the road where we witnessed a bike theft.  So fun.  We finally get to our hotel in Bologna and had to wait for them to get the room ready - it could've been 5 minutes, coulda been an hour for all we could tell - we were delirious.  So I'm guessing this was taken around 6 or 7am.  We slept in until 2 pm, and missed half of our one day we had planned in Bologna  - which happened to be my favorite town.  So this is our self portrait from that magical time in Bologna.  I'm so glad we have this night documented.  It's one I'll never ever forget!


1 comment:

  1. i LOVE random life-adventures like this one. such a fun picture! i'll think of you guys in all of my italy ports this year.

    ReplyDelete