1.12.2011

Edamame Hummus!

This recipe is courtesy of my cousin Elise - an amazing chef!  She made this for a cousin home-video viewing party.  It was great fun and I ate this hummus non-stop the entire time I was there (and I'm eating it right now).  This is a super healthy and super delicious snack!

Makes 2 cups

2 cups shelled edamame (from the frozen section in the grocery store.  Thaw for an hour.)
2 cloves garlic
1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp chives
1 Tbsp lemon zest
1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
3 Tbsp tahini (sesame seed butter found by the peanut butter in the store)
juice of 1 large lemon or two small
1-2 Tbsp olive oil depending on the texture you want, just keep adding til it's like a hummus texture
1-2 Tbsp water to help with the texture too, it'll make it a little less viscous
salt and pepper to taste (I think try it out with whatever chip or pita you're eating the dip with because if that's a nice salty chip, you won't need too much salt.)
In a food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth - add water as needed.  
Thanks Elise Bobise!
gluten free!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds so yummy! I just started a vegan diet and I'm always looking for new recipes. I also have a blog...niki218.blogspot.com. Thank you for posting yummy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, it's awesome! Nikki, glad you like my blog! Yours is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete